Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra
Founded in 1934 and currently led by music director Alfred Savia, the Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra (EPO) is the largest arts employer in the region, supporting 80 full-time musicians from diverse backgrounds. Many of the musicians have graduated from the finest music schools in the country, including Indiana University and the University of Evansville. The Evansville Philharmonic Orchestra is committed to delivering exceptional music experiences that connect and strengthen the Evansville community.
Each year the programming runs from September through April and offers an experience of passion, emotion, and energy to thousands of people, including:
- Lincoln Amphitheatre Pre-Season Concert
- 6-concert Classics Series
- 5-concert Pops Series
- 6-Educational Youth Concerts
- 2-Handel’s Messiah by Candlelight (Evansville and Jasper)
- Tchaikovsky’s The Nutcracker in collaboration with Evansville Ballet
The Evansville Philharmonic highlights music as a legitimate pursuit that will enrich a person’s development, self-esteem, and ties to the community.